27 December 2007

Working Together...


From the Soldier Side: What I still can't understand is how the different sects in Iraq can hate each other so much. I mean if the Army and the Marines could work together in Fallujah, then anyone should be able to...right?
I have to tell you, I was so glad I got to work with the 1st Marine Division in Fallujah...they were the best. I worked for several units whilst in Iraq, but do you know which patch I chose to wear as my combat patch on my right sleeve? Even though it's not really authorize, I wear the 1st MAR DIV patch! And so far no body's had the balls to tell me to take it off and put on an Army patch.
Semper Fi, Rock on...
While we were in Fallujah, our Christmas presents from home were waiting in Baghdad. We convoyed back to "home" a few days after New Years day 2005. We had to find a room to live in, then pick up our mail. We were home for 2 days, when we got the next mission.
Next mission...to be cont.
Here's a little hint:
Mess Tent Blast Kills 15 GIs
60 Hurt in Mosul; Attack Is Deadliest On a U.S. Base

BAGHDAD, Dec. 22, 2004 -- An explosion tore through a crowded U.S. military mess tent in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul on Tuesday, killing at least 22 people and wounding about 60. Fifteen of the dead were U.S. soldiers, and most of the casualties were Americans who had just sat down to lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D!!!

Boy! Do not make me come over there...what? am I going to have to start giving you a word minimum? huh? this is soooo wrong...lol...