06 May 2008

Sorry, I have no way to do that....

From the Citizen Soldier side: I often wonder how the California Army National Guard survives between one earthquake, flood fire or riots to the next one. The times in between, they seem to act like a drowning person who's just been thrown a brick to save himself with....

Today's example:
I use the Army's E-mail system for my normal National Guard crap I have to take care of between drills. I can log onto this e-mail from anywhere in the world... However, some months ago, I was told that I "Had to have a Cal Guard account".
So I had an account set up. All my e-mails went to this Cal Guard account and I wondered why nobody was e-mailing me back about important stuff for drills, (like how many bullets we'd need to shoot etc.) I discovered that since I'd had a Cal Guard e-mail account set up, my e-mails were going there.

Problem? I couldn't get into that e-mail account without going to the damn armory and logging onto one of the net work computers. Huh? So, I have to take my own time to drive 20 miles to the friggen armory to check my e-mail on my own time?

I told them to close that account so I could at least check my workable Army e-mail account from home or my "real job".

But I keep getting e-mails from the assholes in Sacramento telling me I have to go online, to there site, from a Cal Guard computer and take some dumb ass test...or I'll be blocked out.

I e-mailed them back and told them I didn't really give a shit. (my exact words) about what they thought I needed to do....

I'm not worried about them reading this because you can't get onto this blog site from the Cal Guard computers....

No comments: