18 December 2011

Troops pulling out of Iraq....

I don't usually post stuff about recent news...but this is exciting....(this is my excited look).

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The last convoy of U.S. soldiers pulled out of Iraq on Sunday, ending nearly nine years of war that cost almost 4,500 American and tens of thousands of Iraqi lives and left a country grappling with political uncertainty. The war launched in March 2003 with missiles striking Baghdad to oust President Saddam Hussein closes with a fragile democracy still facing insurgents, sectarian tensions and the challenge of defining its place in an Arab region in turmoil. The final column of around 100 mostly U.S. military MRAP armored vehicles carrying 500 U.S......

After spending 15 months of my life....doing useless training for 3 months, then spending a year there......My first question is:



Did we win? 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Depends. What was the objective?

Old NFO said...

Not really, I'd call this one a tie... sigh. But I'm glad it is over (at least for now), as other 'situations' are getting pretty close to being out of hand...

CI-Roller Dude said...

Suz,
Objective? Mine was to keep my troops alive, I'm not sure what else.

OldNFO, They claim we gave them their freedom, but do they know what to do with it?

Coffeypot said...

Like Vietnam, the troops won everything they attempted to do yet the politicians lost it for us. Yes! We won!

Anonymous said...

1. Do we ever, these days?
V/R JWest

Unknown said...

I think the military men and women fought hard, and won. The biggest problems are thousands of years of religion, and the politicians.

Well done CI, and thank you!

Ben King said...

I guess we won.....sorta....maybe Iraq is closer to Democracy then the rest of the middle east. Maybe I'm just being optimistic. Either way the fight still goes on for many. Speaking of training. I remember being trained up for my deployment in 06, but it took me 2 years of trial and error to train myself out. Now am trying to do the same for others.


http://armordown.blogspot.com/

CI-Roller Dude said...

Ben,
Welcome home brother.

Anonymous said...

I have been to both iraq and Afghanistan and in my opinion we did win this one (we set them up for democracy, what they do know is up to them). I'm not so sure about Afhghanistan.....that may never work out.

AGEMFB

nick mitchell said...

ok this had to happen,going in was a bad idea,now pulling out could cost thousands of lives as well