20 August 2012

How to become a Firearms Instructor



From the Soldier and Cop side:  The other day when I was working at one of my part time jobs (since I retired) at the gun range…I was between classes, so I was on the range getting a few rounds down range.  When I’m working this job, I have a very bright red shirt that say: “Firearms Instructor” on it….so needless to say…I often get asked: “Are you a firearms instructor?”

(I’m not going to say that everybody who shows up at any given location is smart.) 

So, after I shot a few magazines from my “gun of the day” (I wear a different gun each day of the week) a younger dude stopped me to ask a question. 

He asked: “How can I become an instructor?”

A question and answer period followed

Me:” You ever been in the military?”

Kid: “nope, they wouldn’t take me”

Me: “You going to be a cop?”

Kid: “Nope, they won’t take me either”

Me: “How long you been shooting?”

Kid: “a few weeks”

Me: “perfect, no background, no training, no experience, you’ll be perfect to train Afgan Army

Kid: “who are they?”

Me: “oh, they need a lot of training, just go google them and find out.”     
Other than that kid, it was a very good day of teaching.  I had 2 brand new pistol shooters who've never shot before.  At the end of the class, all rounds were going into the bullseye.  I was very happy.


5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

The kid wants to tell people what to do, not be told what to do. For Darwin's sake, tell him to look down the barrel and pull the trigger to see if the gun is working.

CI-Roller Dude said...

the kid wasn't even a very good shot. No skills at all

Old NFO said...

Nicely done... LOL! If I ever get any spare time, and an instructor willing to work between 0200-0400, I'm going to try again to get my instructor certs... sigh

agirlandhergun said...

Lol, hopefully no one will certify him.

MikeyB said...

You should be ashamed of yourself...that was just too easy. Hell, he didn't even know he was stupid. As John Wayne said, "Life's harder when you're stupid."