10 November 2008

Happy Veteran's Day 08




Happy Veteran's Day 2008. For my friends deployed now, thanks for going. For those who've done their time and gotten out, thanks for your service.
I'm working on Nov 11th (my cop job) but I'll do a survey to see how many people actually know what holiday it is....and why we have it. (the nice part about working as a cop on holidays is I get over time....never got that in Bosnia or Iraq, or any of the other places I was on holidays with the Army.)
Are you a Vet? Are you a good citizen who's served mankind in other ways? Regardless, if you run across a vet and are not sure what to do or say...try sticking out your hand and shaking their hand. check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcvmoGjGNc and see what I mean. Just a hand shake does a lot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

xox to one of my favorite vets. Love you. Hope

Anonymous said...

I'd like to shake your hand and
thank you, soldier...
...for all you've been through. ...for the great leader and example you are. ...for serving in every walk of your life.
...for the sacrifices you've made.
...for the things you do that go unnoticed.
...and for all the difference you have made. Thank You.

You're hero status in my book.

The 11th hour,
the 11th day,
the 11th month...and always.
Happy Veteran's Day.
BP

Anonymous said...

Happy Veteran's Day to all the vets out there...Thank you for your service.

...and Happy Veteran's Day to the best "Mess Kit Repairman". You're not kidding are you? Thank you...
-J

"Happy Veterans Day, Dude" Thanks.
We had "soldier food" for breakfast...and I got to have coffee.
-P

Consul-At-Arms said...

Thank you for your service.

Anonymous said...

Happy Veteran's Day!
-just a mom