16 November 2012

Guns UP!

From the "Non-Sworn" side: My new job is keeping me busy.  Funny, I always thought when a person retired; they sat around and grew old.  But I’m not ready for that wheel chair yet.
I work for a large law enforcement agency as a non-sworn manager now.  The other day they asked if I was a certified POST (California Peace Officer Standards and Training) firearms instructor.  Yep. 
Then they asked if I would be able to help at the range on a weekend.  I responded with: “Sure, can I shoot afterwards?”
The boss copper said: “Oh yeah.”
We ran a lot of folks through the courses that day.  Not only does this agency have the nicest shooting ranges I’ve ever seen, but some of the best folks I have ever worked with. 
After those who came to shoot left, one of the guys broke out some of the “toys” for us to shoot.  It was a good day.  


                                            Yeah, it was a real, full-auto Tommy Gun...




10 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I know you were in happy time. I would like to shoot that Tommy Gun, too.

Old NFO said...

Nice! But it's HELL to try to get a 2-3 round burst without a LOT of practice or real good knowledge of the guns... Just sayin...

CI-Roller Dude said...

CP, I've seen some Navy guys that can shoot.

Old NFO, the guys I was working with were surprised I could do 3 rnd burst....look at my last post on the SAW shooting- which requires longer burst.

Lil Chantilly said...

You have great adventures! Today one of my girlfriends on the East Coast got to shoot a .50 Cal, and now I find out you had fun with a Tommy Gun? I would love to try a full auto - at least for the experience, to see how it feels. Glad you had fun today!

CI-Roller Dude said...

Lil, everybody should fire a full auto at least once in their life. I was lucky to have been able to do it many times. The last M2 50 cal range I ran, the supply sgt screwed up the ammo order...we had over 14,000 round of 50 cal ammo to shoot up in one day with 4 guns.

Jay said...

Great photo. Is that spent cartridges you can see flying? Bet there wasn't much left of the target.
Enjoy your retirement you cetainly look like you're having fun.

CI-Roller Dude said...

Jay,
Three to four round burst. any more than that and you're off target.

Jay said...

I would not have thought of that. Interesting, thanks.

j3maccabee said...

You wrote:
"Lil, everybody should fire a full auto at least once in their life"
I agree, but preferably when there is no incoming fire ;) Have a good Thanksgiving.

agirlandhergun said...

Awesome pic! Glad your enjoying the new job!